Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks
Privacy and safety on the internet: Disturbed by the information on Internet sites dedicated to doing supposed background checks?
Sites that offer detailed personal information about individuals, including their names, spouses’ and children’s names, street addresses, details of their residential real estate transactions including property taxes paid, home values, photographs of their home and/or neighborhood, maps and directions to their home, educational background, employer(s), and even photographs. A virtual playground for potential stalkers.
Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks!!!
Repair Bad Reputation believes having your personal information available is not just unethical but potentially dangerous so Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks!
To make matters worse is that other reputation management companies sell services offering to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks
Well, here is the information we could put together in an attempt to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks and remove yourself from being online.
Here is a list of steps you can take to help with your online privacy concerns and ways to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks. These days, it is becoming extremely difficult to find any privacy online. Do you want to remove yourself from online background checks? How do you protect your data and Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks?
Before you give up and assume that your only choice is to leave your information on these websites, you will be happy to know that there are many steps that you can take to remove yourself from online background checks. One of the biggest issues with these websites is that it leads the way for stalkers and other people who we may want to keep out of our lives to find us easily. For some, allowing their personal contact information readily available to anyone searching their name is extremely dangerous. Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks!!
For this reason, many people have decided that there should be laws set in place regarding the amount of information that these sites can post through public record information. However, this is currently not being pursued so it is up to us as consumers to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks!
Here is a link to the FTC’s complain form.
Below is a list of the major websites that provide public information for a fee and that you can opt out of in order to protect your privacy and links to follow in order to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks!
- Acxiom’s opt-out page is not working
- MyLife: To request that a Member Profile or Public Profile be deleted, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-704-1900 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of these requests, and confirmation that you are requesting that your own profile be removed, please allow MyLife 10 business days to complete this removal. It may be necessary to contact you to validate that you are the profile owner requesting the removal. This is to ensure the correct identity and profile ownership before completing these requests, and is for the protection of our users and their privacy.
- Spoke.com – register with their service in order to make changes to your personal data or seek a “Personal Data Review” via the “Profile” page on the website dashboard when you are logged in. If you can’t suppress your information directly via these means, then the company requests you send a letter via snail mail to:
Spoke Software, Inc.
302F Toyon Ave. # 244
San Jose, CA 95127
Attn: Personal Information Review
Spoke.com promises to address access requests within 30 days of receipt of your request to remove or suppress your personal information.
b. Last name:
c. Middle initial:
d. Aliases & AKA’s:
e. Current address:
- PeopleFinders – Terrible opt out system that makes you mail in information
- PeopleLookup – In order for PeopleLookup to opt out you need to verify your identity. To do this, fax proof of identity, proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or driver’s license. If you are faxing a copy of your driver’s license, cross out the photo and the driver’s license number. They say they will only use this information to process your opt out request. Fax to 425-974-6194 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your request. Now, they often change this fax number in order to create a more difficult process so you may want to check the website at Peoplelookup.
- USA-People-Search – another website requiring an address
- PublicRecordsNow – Mail Opt-Out/PublicRecordsNow.com Po box 110850 Naples. Fl 34108
You may not want to forward any records that don’t show up on a personal search to a company unless you trust random people who you don’t know.
- DOBSearch – In order for us to “opt out” your public information from being viewable on the public DOBsearch People Finder search results, we need to verify your identity and require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or driver’s license, or notarized letter. If you are faxing a copy of your driver’s license, you may cross out the photo and the driver’s license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. Please fax to 516-717-3017 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to completely process your request. It is your responsibility to ensure legibility of your document
- Blockshopper has been plagued with various complaints surrounding opting out. In extreme cases for law enforcement or stalking cases you can opt out.
One thing to keep in mind when attempting to remove yourself from internet background checks is that this information is public record. Most states have some sort of system that allows you to search public records for a particular person and be provided their contact information as well as any outstanding warrants or land that they have purchased. Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks! These websites function by consolidating this information into one convenient location for those who are searching for it. While this may make it easier for people to find, attempting to Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks will not deter people if they are determined to find information about you.
Instead, they will be forced to request information through public offices such as the county assessor’s office or by doing online searches through state-controlled websites. If you are still looking to remove your name and information from these websites, there are many steps that you Remove yourself from Internet Background Checks. Do you want to remove yourself from online background checks?
Each site has its own set of guidelines that you must follow in order to be removed from their database. However, this means that you will be providing them with more information so that they can verify your identity and have you removed.
Some of these websites even request a monthly fee in order to keep your name from appearing in the database. Before you begin removing your information from these websites, it is a good idea to research the type of information that they have and decide is providing them with further information will benefit you or hinder you.
You may find that some websites are extremely difficult to be removed from. For example, some websites that are used by banks to monitor accounts for fraudulent activity and other issues may be impossible to remove your information from. However, these sites are not available to the general public and are typically only used when there is an acceptable reason for the requesting party to have access to the information.
Keeping your contact information private can be extremely difficult in this day and age. These websites provide a way for certain individuals to gather information about you regarding a variety of activities that you have taken a part of.
There are many reasons that your information may be on file, such as a home purchase, a marriage, and birth, or any other general lifetime changes. While it may not be preferable to have your information online through these background check websites, you may find that is extremely difficult to have it removed from them.
Many people have a reason to protect their contact information and desire privacy online. In many ways it is about protecting your person reputation and anonymity. Although there is not a way to completely keep all information from making its way online it is possible to help eliminate some of the major sources where people who do not need access your information can gather it. By following the links above, you will be able to remove yourself from online background checks. For tips on monitoring your reputation click here.